BBT BANK - $10 maintenance fee !!

Jun 19, 2011
review #244223

Beware of BB&T.I have an acct.

with 300.00 in it. It is checkings. They just charged me 10.00 for a "maintenance fee" !! Take your money out of these big mega banks ASAP !!

They think they are above the law ---- and at this point, they probably are. Join a credit union or keep your cash yourself. They are not paying me one cent in interest and have the gall to steal what little money I have in there. As if they didnt get enough in the bailouts !!

Greed will kill this bank ....if not the entire paradigm.

9cd2ef3
Had an experience with BBT BANK?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
joeNAVY

6 hours ago North Chicago, Illinois

Im so upset, My account was a home town bank before I joined the Navy and BB&T bought them out I was like ok I'll keep my student loans through them. Had an allotment that add 5 dollars over the loan payment that came out of the account every month. This last month they tried to charge me a $36 overdraft fee! I wouldn't of known if my mother didn't call and tell me they sent me a letter. I look at the account and see they been charging me $10-$12 since last February. I was pissed I didn't know and was never told. I should of kept an eye on the account sure but I still feel like they just started steeling from me. I'm closing the account but they charge $3 to transfer MY money to another bank. So my credit union is going to pay part of my credit card with the remaining balance on this joke of a bank. I will close ASAP. So pissed!

mrbusinessman

Aug 20, 2013 Chicago, Illinois

OK, first of all banks are just a BUSINESS, guess what? BUSINESSES have to make money! Imagine that LOL. They provide a service, you must pay for that service. When you go to work do you work for FREE? I bet not. BB&T employees more than 30,000 people, they have more than 1,800 branches. It takes money to keep all that going, anyone who understands basic economics knows this.

Let me repeat again banks are BUSINESSES! they do not work for FREE folks!

People complain about a $10 fee on their account however it is very easy to qualify for a 100% maintenance free account. All you need is a $500 monthly direct deposit, auto loan or mortgage.

Times are changing, everyone must take responsibility and learn to manage their accounts correctly. Banks are not babysitters, stop complaining and start taking responsibility for your finances.

REMEMBER commercial banks are not NON PROFIT CORPORATIONS they are for profit. They have share holders who demand strong returns, guess how we create strong returns? we MAKE MONEY! WOW, interested concept right.

Tomorrow tell your boss you will just work for free. See how many bills you can pay working for free. As far as the bail outs go BB&T was forced to take a certain amount. All the large banks were forced to take a certain amount. BB&T was the first bank to pay it back, the fact is they did not need it. They do not participate in all the risky NY stock trading like
... Show more

razorsmack

Jun 04, 2013 Wasilla, Alaska

it seems some services in this system cost money. do you know how many employees work at the bank to maintain many small amounts of money, most of which don't offer the bank much profit potential. you have to be useful to the bank in order for them to want to give you something for free. your tiny amount of money doesn't do much for them, so they have to cover the cost of serving you some how. thats why they charge fees.
just like the food at the grocery store costs money, so do other services.

Dick

Jul 07, 2012

I'm heading to BB&T on Monday. My dad is 92 and in his last days. Yesterday he gave me all of his banking info and has been paying over $150 a month maintenance fees. WTF!!!

Keith

Jun 08, 2012

They have been charging me 10.00 every month and I can only keep maybe 300 in account I'm not rich or anything I think it's dumb they wanna charge the ppl 10.00 that only have a little money and ppl who have 2,000 or more in they're account pay no maintenance fee to me that's just unjust I think the fee should be for ppl with over 10,000 in the bank cause they wouldn't even miss it

Steve

Feb 18, 2012

Go to first federal .......NO MAINTENANCE FEE.....BUNCH of fricken crooks

Steve s

Feb 18, 2012

Take your money out of bbt and tell them to stick their maintenance fee up their ***

bbtpro

Feb 06, 2012

on average it costs a bank $240 annually to maintain or have the account. That is not including OD refunds. It is not a banks responsibility to keep up with your money and call you anytime there is a change. Read your BSA and statements and you will be fine. BTW there are 5 big name FCU that charge a mainenance fee for no direct deposit.

john

Jan 27, 2012

sounds like you all just like to complain. they are a bank, get over it. fees get charged everywhere, its just a matter of which fees the public chooses to dwell on. credit unions are not FDIC insured, everyone swithces over to credit unions and we will be lined up for another great depression. do your homework, read your statements for upcoming changes and stop complaining!

BB&T Fee

Nov 17, 2011

If I am subjected to getting 10 dollars taken out every month for simply storing my money in my account BB&T can say goodbye to me, I don't have time for this mess I'm trying to save and I don't need another form of a bill taking that choice away from me.

Jeff

Oct 25, 2011

Also...An additional activity fee of $0.35 will be assessed for each debit item over 20 during the statement cycle.

Needless to say I signed up for local credit union today.

Jeff

Oct 25, 2011

Interest Checking clients can avoid the maintenance and activity fees for the account by selecting one of the following options:

- Maintain a $1,000.00 minimum balance, or
- Maintain an average balance of $2,000.00, or
This is the response I got from BB&T customer service.

- Maintain a $1,500.00 minimum balance in Regular Savings (linked to Interest Checking account)

If one or more of the above requirements are not maintained throughout the statement cycle, a maintenance fee of $12.00 will apply.

Kathy

Oct 14, 2011

BBT has done this to mine and my husbands bank account several times. It has nothing to do with direct deposit because both mine and my husband paychecks are direct deposit and they find some reason to charge us a maintence fee once or twice a month and we do not know what reason. We have 4 different accounts with this bank and they mess up everyone of them and we have money in each. Soon we will also be closing our accounts with them. All they are good for is RIPPING PEOPLE OFF!!

pissed off too

Sep 23, 2011

well i just found outthat i was charged a $25 maintenance fee, let me tell you i have more than enough money in that account, never overdrawn, never been charged this fee before and the rep i talked too could only tell me what prevents a fee and not what caused the fee and one reason being below 150,000 on a home mortgage, well hello chick, i have been below that balance for years and never been charged before! I out like shout, BB&T can kiss my money goodbye and as soon as i can figure out how to pull my mortgage from them i will!

Chris

Sep 21, 2011

Well apparently y'all must no have a direct deposit of at least $100 or an average balance of $1500?!! That is how you get the maintenance fee.
If you are overdrawing on $10.00 then you need to stop spending money you don't have.

Cait

Sep 20, 2011

This is horseshit. I zeroed out my *** account for a reason. I can't afford the 10 dollars as sad as it is to say.

PISSED

Aug 23, 2011

The same thing keeps happening to me! It's called STEALING!!! I mean, how the *** is there maintenance on a freakin' account on a computer!!!! I will fight until I get my 10 dollars back. No way in *** am I paying them to hold my money. RIDICULOUS. You would think after enough people complained about it they would end it.

I know the feeling

Jul 16, 2011

I am unemployed and having trouble finding funds to keep putting into my BB&T checking account. SIX TIMES NOW I have had a negative balance because these *** have taken that $10 "maintenance fee" out.

The third or so time I hadn't even TOUCHED THE ACCOUNT IN MORE THAN A MONTH due to the fact that my balance was below $10. So tell me, how does a "maintenance fee" take place WHEN THERE IS NO MAINTENANCE?

I am getting ready to say bye-bye to BB&T despite having used them for more than a decade, from a student getting my college degree to my time employed at the same job for more than 3 1/2 years. This is ridiculous.

TDmommy

Jul 15, 2011

Sorry, to hear that. I never ever do business with BB&T again. Specially, they hired staffs like those people!!!

0 0 Reply
I just got charged and was una

Jul 14, 2011

I just got a notice on my phone saying my account was low. I check my balance and it said I was charged a MAINTENANCE FEE. I quickly discovered why. Don't they have to let you know they're doing this? I feel like they just stole it out of my account. I had no idea they had ended free checking. I've been with them for years.

0 0 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about BBT BANK.
Filing a new complaint about
×