We have a personal account with BB&T as well as a Small Business account.I received a check draft payment from a customer and went toward a BB&T in Sarasota to make the deposit but at 4:15 pm the branch was closed.

I also had to go to another bank, PNC, to deposit 2 checks. I traveled about 10 minutes and located another BB&T and made my Check Draft deposit. They cleared the PNC non-local checks immediately and then my check draft deposit and then charged 2/overdraft fees on my business account. I located BB&T's Service Agreement written 2/2015 and it said their general practice is to make deposit transactions first and then deductions.

I contacted the local branch where the account was opened in 2003 and they said they would not refund the $72. For a small business account this is criminal. Four days later, my electric company drafted our account and my payroll check was deposited the same day. They now overdrafted our personal account.

Again, this is criminal.

Back in 2009 to 2011 Class Action Suits were brought against a variety of banks but no BB&T at this time .....

so now they are picking up where others left off.

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service of bbt bank account from Bbt Bank and attached a photo. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $108 and wants Bbt Bank to issue a full refund.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Bbt Bank for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with BBT Bank?

Comments

San Antonio, Texas, United States #1219049

We had the same issue at a local branch here in Texas and also thought it was criminal. After speaking with them they offered no kind of refund they only offered overdraft protection!

What they are doing is a federal offense. Check 21 was suppose to end this pratice of posting debits before deposits. Wonder how many people at the north carolina department of banking they have in their pockets?

Helpful blog post , I loved the analysis - Does anyone know if I would be able to get a blank IRS 12153 copy to fill in ?

bbtbadbank

I would get a written response and an explanation first of all.Second, I'm looking for victims to join me in the fight against BB&T http://bbtbadbank.blogspot.com/.

Please let me know how I can help!