We have a personal account with BB&T as well as a Small Business account.I received a check draft payment from a customer and went toward a BB&T in Sarasota to make the deposit but at 4:15 pm the branch was closed.
I also had to go to another bank, PNC, to deposit 2 checks. I traveled about 10 minutes and located another BB&T and made my Check Draft deposit. They cleared the PNC non-local checks immediately and then my check draft deposit and then charged 2/overdraft fees on my business account. I located BB&T's Service Agreement written 2/2015 and it said their general practice is to make deposit transactions first and then deductions.
I contacted the local branch where the account was opened in 2003 and they said they would not refund the $72. For a small business account this is criminal. Four days later, my electric company drafted our account and my payroll check was deposited the same day. They now overdrafted our personal account.
Again, this is criminal.
Back in 2009 to 2011 Class Action Suits were brought against a variety of banks but no BB&T at this time .....
so now they are picking up where others left off.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Check Deposit
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- " Before the World Intellectual Property Organization Arbitration And Mediation Center is presented our rights to freedom of speech and noncommercial use of a domain and if criticism and Commentary..."
- "Let me begin by saying my father has been a customer of Bank of America for over 40 at a branch in Clarksville, Virginia. At his passing two years..."
- "Im writing from Conway Arkansas. I opened an account with fort sill national bank 3 months ago. Whrn they violated what wadbposted on a sign about getting your money 2..."
- " As the owner of a *** FR RV, [not made anymore] we have had our share of problems. The main issue are the junk Chinese tires FR..."
- "Natural disaster in Fayettville NC. Had to try and get a new airport. Contacted Expedia....they say Fayettville was not affected. Expedia see below. Uh I would think you are misinformed...."
- "My yoshi blade handle broke Will you send me a new one please..."
- "Had an issue with a defective Leather steering wheel that started to separating. Dealership offered to Glue it back. I specifically requested that they replace a steering wheel because its..."
- "This *** company is a scam. They take your *** money and make you jump through hoops to get it back. I put $280 on a reloadit card to send someone..."
- "Vizio, 18 mos. and $1700.00. 70 inch and the screen lost the picture and kept the voice. I called vizio and went through there test and it was still no..."