Bbt Bank - BB&T Lies Cheats and then Steals!

I opened an account with BB&T for $125 bonus, they said I didn't qualify after waiting for 5 months of being assured it was on its way.

So I try and close my account, they said I need to go to my local branch, I explain that I do not have a local branch, that everything was done online, the agent says that in over 16 years she has never heard of such a thing, and that I should get my account to a zero balance and then call her back to cancel.

I transferred my remaining funds out of my account only to find 2 days later I cannot close my account because I am not at a -2.00 balance for a phone call fee for asking about how to close my account.

This was really crappy of the agent to do after telling me to get my account to a Zero Balance, and since she knew she was going to make it impossible for me to close my account, and most likely have me aquire additional NSF fees.

Most horrible customer service on the earth.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Monetary loss:
Product or service
Checking Account
Review category
review #479738 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Bbt Bank? Submit review ›
Helpful? 3 Yes 3 0 No 0
Had the same issue 3 Yes 3
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Nov 09, 2015 #1060870

lol. learn how to bank

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.